|Overall Cost||Cost Per Person|
|1 Person||R 3,749||R 3,749|
|2 People||R 5,200||R 2,600|
|3 People||R 6,648||R 2,216|
|4 People||R 8,100||R 2,025|
|5 People||R 9,550||R 1,910|
|6 People||R 10,998||R 1,833|
|7 People||R 12,446||R 1,778|
WHAT TO EXPECT
Collect you bright and early at your hotel and drive about 2 hours to this private game reserve.
On arrival a welcome drink is enjoyed.
A buffet lunch is served, which you can enjoy in the triple volume thatched roof dinning room with spectacular views of the reserve. (Drinks at lunch are not included in the price.)
Lunch will be followed by a game drive of about 2 to 3 hours by a local game reserve guide.
After the drive guests are welcome to use the facilities such as the infinity pool, children’s entertainment area or just browse the curio shop.
- Drive back to Cape Town and your hotel.
If you want to get up close with the Big 5 roaming free in the wild, then this safari tour is the one for you. We drive you to one of the most upmarket game reserves in the Western Cape, which is about 2 hours drive from Cape Town. This private game reserve has over 10 000ha of Big 5 conservancy.
How did these five animals – the lion, elephant, buffalo, rhinoceros and leopard – come to be called the Big Five?
It was originally a hunting term used by the so-called ‘great white hunters’ in the hunting heyday of the 19th and early 20th centuries, when professional hunters bagged as many trophies as possible in as short a time as possible.
Considered a rite of passage for seasoned travellers, everybody from American presidents to European royalty and heads of state came to Africa to shoot a large, dangerous animal.
The Big Five quickly became known as the most dangerous animals to hunt on foot, and the name stuck – although now ‘shooting’ is done through a camera lens.
Check out http://big5.southafrica.net for more info.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ALL OUT ‘N’ ABOUT CAPE TOURS
At Out ‘n’ About tours we pride ourselves in providing tours which are safe, educational and enjoyable. We therefore would like to draw your attention to following T’s &C’s
- Prices and tours are correct at the time of visiting our site. All prices, tours and times given are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Bookings shall not be confirmed without a written email from us to the client as well as the full payment due has been received.
- All quotes are in South African Rands and your payment (time between booking and us receiving the payment) in your currency may change depending on the current exchange rate.
- This tour includes a private tour guide, collection and drop off in an air-conditioned vehicle, entrance fees and parking. Clients need to ensure their timeous meeting at the predetermined meeting points/hotel/accommodation.
- On this tour there will be a local game reserve guide – it is imperative to follow instructions at all times.
- The tour includes a welcome drink and a buffet lunch. (Drinks at lunch not included)
- Departure is 9:00am and drop off is at about 6:00pm. We will do our best to adhere to the confirmed times provided at the time of booking.
- If cancellations are made 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellations are made 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to tour departure, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged, plus charges for costs incurred.
- Authority of tour of guide – Please be advised that the tourist guide/driver’s decision is final with regards to the safety, weather, other conditions which would protect the safety of all clients.
- All clients will adhere to laws and customs of South Africa whilst on tour with Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours.
- Due to weather, maintenance, accessibility and crowds, we cannot guarantee that any of the highlights will be open and available.
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk. Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage and personal possessions of passengers.
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times.
- We recommend that travellers take adequate personal insurance cover.
- The tour will still continue in inclement weather or a suitable alternative could be provided with prior discussion with the tour operator.
- We cannot be held responsible for any deaths, injury or hospitalisation of any sort while on tour.
- Clients will accept when booking a tour, that each tour has some form of physical activity which requires some basic fitness and must therefore ensure that they are medically fit to partake on the tour.
- Information usage – We will not use your private information without your prior confirmation.