Cape Peninsula Half Day Tour
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Pick up from your accommodation in the Cape Town area.
- Drive along the Atlantic Seaboard through Sea Point, Bantry Bay, Clifton and Camps Bay (1st Stop)
- The drive continues on the M6 (Victoria Rd) passing the Twelve Apostles mountain range and Llundudno.
- Continue along Chapman’s Peak drive passing Chapman’s Peak, through Simon’s Town to Boulder’s Beach to visit the African penguins.
- After the visit to the see the penguins, we continue and arrive at Cape of Good Hope Nature reserve – drive towards Cape Point. View the old lighthouse using The Flying Dutchman Funicular.
- Visit the most South-western point of Africa at Cape Point.
- Drive back to hotel through Simon’s Town, Fishhoek and Muizenberg.
- Pick up and drop off in air-conditioned mini-bus.
- Accredited Tourist Guide.
- Bottled water.
- Private Tour.
- Toll fee at Chapman’s Peak.
- Entrance fees into Cape of Good Hope National Park and Boulders Penguin Colony.
The Cape Peninsula stretches south from Cape Town CBD area, towards Cape Point. It is the most south-western point of the African continent. The route is approximately 75km (46.6 miles) which winds along the rugged Atlantic coastline towards “The Tip of Africa”.
Unequalled in its majestic beauty, this landscape forms part of theCape Floral Region (a World Heritage Site). It is the smallest of the earth’s 6 floral kingdoms, boasting with over 8500 plant species.
The tour will take you on a pleasant drive along the Atlantic shore. You’ll pass through the beautiful locations of Sea Point, Bantry Bay, Clifton and Camps Bay. We continue along Chapman’s Peak drive (one of the world’s most scenic drives).
We follow the road along the False Bay coast through Simon’s Town (home to SA’s naval base) stopping off at Boulders Beach to view and experience the African Penguins. Afterward, we will visit the world-famous Cape of Good Hope where you will take in the breathtaking view of Cape Point – the southernmost tip of the Peninsula.
At Cape Point, we take the environment-friendly ‘Flying Dutchman’ funicular to view the old lighthouse. On the way back tour passes through Simon’s Town , and the coastal towns of Kalk Bay, Fishhoek and Muizenberg. The tour ends with us dropping you back at your hotel or chosen destination.
Half Day Cape Peninsula Tour
Cost: R700 (Maximum of x7 guests)
Tour Timing: approximately 4.5 hours.
Tour Departure Times: 08:00 and 12:00
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ALL OUT ‘N’ ABOUT CAPE TOURS
At Out ‘n’ About tours we pride ourselves in providing tours which are safe, educational and enjoyable. We therefore would like to draw your attention to following T’s &C’s
- Prices and tours are correct at the time of visiting our site. All prices, tours and times given are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Bookings shall not be confirmed without a written email from us to the client as well as the full payment due has been received.
- All quotes are in South African Rands and your payment (time between booking and us receiving the payment) in your currency may change depending on the current exchange rate.
- This tour includes a private tour guide, collection and drop off in an air-conditioned vehicle, entrance fees and parking. Clients need to ensure their timeous meeting at the predetermined meeting points/hotel/accommodation.
- The fees do not include lunch and optional extras.
- Departure is between 8.30am and drop off is between 1.00pm and 1.30pm. Or departure is at 12.00pm and drop off is at about 5pm. We will do our best to adhere to the confirmed times provided at the time of booking.
- If cancellations are made 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellations are made 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to tour departure, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged, plus charges for costs incurred.
- Authority of tour of guide – Please be advised that the tourist guide/driver’s decision is final with regards to the safety, weather, other conditions which would protect the safety of all clients.
- All clients will adhere to laws and customs of South Africa whilst on tour with Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours.
- Due to weather, maintenance, accessibility and crowds, we cannot guarantee that any of the highlights will be open and available.
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk. Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage and personal possessions of passengers.
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times.
- We recommend that travellers take adequate personal insurance cover.
- The tour will still continue in inclement weather or a suitable alternative could be provided with prior discussion with the tour operator.
- We cannot be held responsible for any deaths, injury or hospitalisation of any sort while on tour.
- Clients will accept when booking a tour, that each tour has some form of physical activity which requires some basic fitness and must therefore ensure that they are medically fit to partake on the tour.
- Information usage – We will not use your private information without your prior confirmation.