The Best of Cape Town Full Day Tour
The Best of Cape Town Tour
This Best of Cape Town Tour is designed to give you the main, popular attractions all in one trip. The tour includes visiting Table Mountain, Signal Hill, Bo Kaap, Company Gardens, the Noon Gun all topped off with some wine tasting in South Africa’s oldest wine estate – Groot Constantia.
Table Mountain is one of the most recognizable mountains in the world. It rises almost straight from the sea ending in a virtual flat-topped landform, hence the name Table Mountain. It is flanked on the right-hand side by Lion’s Head and on the left-hand side by Devil’s Peak.
It is part of a World Heritage Site and is one of the 7 “New Wonders of Nature”. Over 600 million years old, it is one of the oldest mountains in the world – older than Mount Everest.
Signal Hill Cape Town is a flat-topped hill that is situated next to Lion’s Head, forming part of Table Mountain. This is where the famous Noon Gun is fired every day at 12h00 on the dot. It’s also where you can enjoy some of the best views in the city, fly model planes, try some paragliding or simply enjoy a bit of nature. It’s sometimes called Lion’s Rump, and, together with Lion’s Head, this part of the mountain resembles a sleeping lion or a sphinx.
Groot Constantia, one of the oldest wine estates in South Africa. This is the finest example of a Cape Dutch wine estate and a must to visit whilst in Cape Town. It is still a working farm but is geared for tourists and wine lovers who can walk away with some of the finest wines. The tour includes a wine tasting experience, a wine cellar tour as well as a visit to the wine and cultural history museum.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation.
- CATHSSETA accredited tourist guide.
- A return journey on Table Mountain’s Cable Car.
- Entrance into District Six museum.
- Visit to Signal Hill, the Noon Gun, Groot Constantia, Company Gardens and the District Six museum.
- Wine Tasting at Groot Constantia and cellar tour.
- A Groot Constantia Wine Glass.
- Entrance into Groot Constantia’s Manor House.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This tour is designed for those travellers who do not have alot of time to explore Cape Town and want to see the main attractions all in one day.
- Pick up at hotel.
- Drive to the lower Cable Car station.
- Travel up the cable car, with its revolving floor, to just over 1000 metres to the Upper Cable Station. The trip only takes about 3 minutes to the top.
- Once on top of the mountain, explore the area using 3 short walks, which is about 1.3 km in length. Viewing platforms (to experience the panoramic views of the city) are found along the walkways and look out for the Dassie (small fury rock hyrax), the Agama lizard as well as various type of flora. There is also a restaurant, a curio shop and the Table Mountain Cableway Wifi Cafe – where you can enjoy a drink with the best view in the world.
- After the decent, we drive to Signal Hill to take in the panoramic view of Sea Point, Green Point, the city bowl and Table Bay with Robben Island in the background from above.
- We drive into the city centre for a whistle stop city tour, including Bo-Kaap, Company Gardens and District 6
- Travel to Groot Constantia Wine Estate – the oldest wine estate in South Africa.
- Explore the estate including a wine tasting, a cellar tour, visiting the Manor House and Cloete Cellar.
- After a very busy day we drop you back off at your hotel.
|The Best of Cape Town Tour|
|Overall Cost||Cost Per Person|
|1 Person||R 1,797||R 1,797|
|2 People||R 2,282||R 1,141|
|3 People||R 2,817||R 939|
|4 People||R 3,352||R 838|
|5 People||R 3,887||R 777|
|6 People||R 4,422||R 737|
|7 People||R 4,957||R 708|
At Out ‘n’ About tours we pride ourselves in providing tours which are safe, educational and enjoyable. We therefore would like to draw your attention to following T’s &C’s
- Prices and tours are correct at the time of visiting our site. All prices, tours and times given are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Bookings shall not be confirmed without a written email from us to the client as well as the full payment due has been received.
- All quotes are in South African Rands and your payment (time between booking and us receiving the payment) in your currency may change depending on the current exchange rate.
- This tour includes a private tour guide of Table Mountain and a guided tour of Robben Island led by an ex-political prisoner.
- It also includes collection and drop off in an air-conditioned vehicle, entrance fees and parking.
- Clients need to ensure their timeous meeting at the predetermined meeting points/hotel/accommodation
- The fees do not include lunch and optional extras.
- Departure is between 8.30am and 9:00am and drop off is between 5.00pm and 5.30pm. We will do our best to adhere to the confirmed times provided at the time of booking.
- If cancellations are made 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellations are made 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to tour departure, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged, plus charges for costs incurred.
- Authority of tour of guide – Please be advised that the tourist guide/driver’s decision is final with regards to the safety, weather, other conditions which would protect the safety of all clients.
- All clients will adhere to laws and customs of South Africa whilst on tour with Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours.
- Due to weather, maintenance, accessibility and crowds, we cannot guarantee that any of the highlights will be open and available.
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk. Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage and personal possessions of passengers.
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times.
- We recommend that travellers take adequate personal insurance cover.
- The tour will still continue in inclement weather or a suitable alternative could be provided with prior discussion with the tour operator.
- We cannot be held responsible for any deaths, injury or hospitalisation of any sort while on tour.
- Clients will accept when booking a tour, that each tour has some form of physical activity which requires some basic fitness and must therefore ensure that they are medically fit to partake on the tour.
- Information usage – We will not use your private information without your prior confirmation.