WHAT TO EXPECT
- You will be collected from you hotel and driven via the N2 to Gordon’s Bay where will stop for coffee/tea. (55 minutes from Cape Town City centre.)
- The tour will continue along the beautiful coastal Route 44, between Gordon’s Bay and Betty’s Bay.
- Along the route we will be passing the little towns of Rooi Els, Pringle Bay, Betty’s Bay and Kleinmond. There is an opportunity to stop off at Stoney Point Penguin colony and Harold Porter Botanical Gardens. (These stops are optional and at an small additional costs).
- The road takes us to Hermanus – which is another 35 minutes drive further.
- After arriving in the town of Hermanus, you will be taken on a whale-watching cruise boat to see the whales. Hermanus is also one of the best places in the world to view whales from the shore.
- Lunch (At your own expense.)
- There will be a chance to explore the town’s many shops and the Old Harbour and Whale House museums.
- Drive back via the N2 and the scenic Sir Lowry’s Pass to Cape Town.
The town of Hermanus is a sea-side holiday resort. It is a laid-back yet thriving town which boasts excellent fishing and a historical ‘old’ harbour. The old town which no longer exists, was originally a leper colony. The white-washed walls of the old buildings was made from crushed shells found on the beach at Walker Bay. The town is now famous for its Whale Route.
Even though the Cape Whale Route stretches for all of +/-3 500 km around our coast from the Northwest Cape to beyond Plettenberg Bay near the Eastern Cape, Hermanus is possibly one of the best vantage points to sight whales. It also have an added attraction of the world’s only “Whale Crier”, who scouts the coast overlooking Walker Bay and announces the sighting of a whale by blowing on his kelp horn.
The three most common whales to be sighted off the Cape are the Humpback Whale, the Southern Right Whale and the Bryde’s Whale.
|Whale Watching Tour|
|Overall Cost||Cost Per Person|
|1 Person||R 2,826||R 2,826|
|2 People||R 3,626||R 1,813|
|3 People||R 4,476||R 1,492|
|4 People||R 5,326||R 1,332|
|5 People||R 6,176||R 1,235|
|6 People||R 7,026||R 1,171|
|7 People||R 7,876||R 1,125|
At Out ‘n’ About tours we pride ourselves in providing tours which are safe, educational and enjoyable. We therefore would like to draw your attention to following T’s &C’s
- Prices and tours are correct at the time of visiting our site. All prices, tours and times given are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Bookings shall not be confirmed without a written email from us to the client as well as the full payment due has been received.
- All quotes are in South African Rands and your payment (time between booking and us receiving the payment) in your currency may change depending on the current exchange rate.
- This tour includes a private tour guide, collection and drop off in an air-conditioned vehicle, entrance fees and parking. Clients need to ensure their timeous meeting at the predetermined meeting points/hotel/accommodation.
- The fees do not include lunch and optional extras.
- Departure is between 8.30am and 9:00am and drop off is around 5.30pm. We will do our best to adhere to the confirmed times provided at the time of booking.
- If cancellations are made 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellations are made 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to tour departure, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged, plus charges for costs incurred.
- Authority of tour of guide – Please be advised that the tourist guide/driver’s decision is final with regards to the safety, weather, other conditions which would protect the safety of all clients.
- All clients will adhere to laws and customs of South Africa whilst on tour with Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours.
- Due to weather, maintenance, accessibility and crowds, we cannot guarantee that any of the highlights will be open and available.
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk. Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage and personal possessions of passengers.
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times.
- We recommend that travellers take adequate personal insurance cover.
- The tour will still continue in inclement weather or a suitable alternative could be provided with prior discussion with the tour operator.
- We cannot be held responsible for any deaths, injury or hospitalisation of any sort while on tour.
- Clients will accept when booking a tour, that each tour has some form of physical activity which requires some basic fitness and must therefore ensure that they are medically fit to partake on the tour.
- Information usage – We will not use your private information without your prior confirmation.