Table Mountain and Robben Island Tour
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Drive up Kloof Road to the Table Mountain lower cable station
- Travel up the cable car, with its revolving floor, to just over 1000 metres to the Upper Cable Station. The trip only takes about 3 minutes to the top.
- Once on top of the mountain, explore the area using 3 short walks, which is about 1.3 km in length. Viewing platforms (to experience the panoramic views of the city) are found along the walkways and look out for the Dassie (small fury rock hyrax), the Agama lizard as well as various type of flora. There is also a restaurant, a curio shop and the Table Mountain Cableway Wifi Cafe – where you can enjoy a drink with the best view in the world.
- After the decent, we drive to the V&A Waterfront to catch a ferry to Robben Island
- At the Waterfront there will be time for lunch (not included in the price).
- Board the ferry at the Nelson Mandela Gateway to Robben Island.
- Arrive at Robben Island where the tour will be led by an ex-political prisoner. The tour includes a visit to the Maximum Security Prison as well as a bus tour of the island.
- Once back at the Waterfront you will be returned to your hotel.
It is part of a World Heritage Site and is one of the 7 “New Wonders of Nature”. Over 600 million years old, it is one of the oldest mountains in the world – older than Mount Everest.
Robben Island, just 11km from Cape Town, was long regarded as a dumping ground for the outcasts of society but is today reknowned for being a place where many leaders of the liberation struggle, including Nelson Mandela, were incarcerated until early 1990s.
This tour will give you a glimpse into what life was like living on the island, through the eyes of former prisoners on the island.
|Table Mountain & Robben Island Tour|
* Costs based on pick up and drop off from CBD city area and surrounds.
|Overall Cost*||Cost Per Person*|
|1 Person||R 1,719||R 1,719|
|2 People||R 2,409||R 1,205|
|3 People||R 3,149||R 1,050|
|4 People||R 3,889||R 972|
|5 People||R 4,629||R 926|
|6 People||R 5,369||R 895|
|7 People||R 6,109||R 873|
At Out ‘n’ About tours we pride ourselves in providing tours which are safe, educational and enjoyable. We therefore would like to draw your attention to following T’s &C’s
- Prices and tours are correct at the time of visiting our site. All prices, tours and times given are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Bookings shall not be confirmed without a written email from us to the client as well as the full payment due has been received.
- All quotes are in South African Rands and your payment (time between booking and us receiving the payment) in your currency may change depending on the current exchange rate.
- This tour includes a private tour guide of Table Mountain and a guided tour of Robben Island led by an ex-political prisoner.
- It also includes collection and drop off in an air-conditioned vehicle, entrance fees and parking.
- Clients need to ensure their timeous meeting at the predetermined meeting points/hotel/accommodation.
- For the Robben Island tour clients need to provide their ID/Passport number, next of kin name and contact number as a prerequisite when make the booking.
- The fees do not include lunch and optional extras.
- Departure is between 8.30am and 9:00am and drop off is between 5.00pm and 5.30pm. We will do our best to adhere to the confirmed times provided at the time of booking.
- If cancellations are made 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellations are made 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to tour departure, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged, plus charges for costs incurred.
- Authority of tour of guide – Please be advised that the tourist guide/driver’s decision is final with regards to the safety, weather, other conditions which would protect the safety of all clients.
- All clients will adhere to laws and customs of South Africa whilst on tour with Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours.
- Due to weather, maintenance, accessibility and crowds, we cannot guarantee that any of the highlights will be open and available.
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk. Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage and personal possessions of passengers.
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times.
- We recommend that travellers take adequate personal insurance cover.
- The tour will still continue in inclement weather or a suitable alternative could be provided with prior discussion with the tour operator.
- We cannot be held responsible for any deaths, injury or hospitalisation of any sort while on tour.
- Clients will accept when booking a tour, that each tour has some form of physical activity which requires some basic fitness and must therefore ensure that they are medically fit to partake on the tour.
- Information usage – We will not use your private information without your prior confirmation.