Historical City Tour
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The tour starts with a drive down Adderley street. A historical insight of the main street of Cape Town city is given.
- Drive pass the City Hall, Castle of Good Hope and other historical buildings to take in the architecture influenced by the various nations which controlled the Cape, towards District 6
- Visit District 6 museum – District 6 was the 6th Municipal District in Cape Town in 1867 (over 60 000 residences were forcibly removed in 1966 under the Apartheid government – making it illegal for non-whites to live it the area.)
- Tour continues pass the Slave lodge (2nd oldest building in CT), St. George’s Cathedral, stopping at Company Gardens
- A walking tour of the Gardens – which was originally planted to provide fresh fruit and vegetables for passing ships on their way from Europe to the East
- On to Bo-Kaap to witness the firing of the Noon Gun just below Signal Hill – The daily noon gun is now Cape Town’s oldest living tradition and the two guns used are the oldest guns in daily use in the world.
- If the tour is taken in the afternoon the Noon Gun visit is replaced by a visit up Signal Hill to have a bird’s eye view of the City.
- Finally, we visit the Bo-Kaap Malay Quarter – an area situated in an area that became home to many Muslims and freed slaves. We visit the Bo-Kaap museum which showcases local Islamic culture and heritage. There is also a photo opportunity to capture the colourful homes in this bustling area.
The mountains surrounding the city is visible from as far as 200 km out to sea, which over the centuries lifted the spirits of weary sailors who sailed into the “Tavern of the Seas” to replenish their supplies after being at sea for months.
In 1652 the Dutch settled here to start a halfway station for ships sailing between Europe and the East. In 360 years , the city has been transformed dramatically from a remote colonial outpost to on of Africa’s vibrant cities.
Modern skyscrapers and freeways have radically changed the face of Cape Town over the years, however gracious old buildings, cobbled streets and monuments still provide a fascinating insight into the history of the city and the many cultures that shaped it.
Lap up the atmosphere of the city’s hustle and bustle on this half day tour of the Mother City – the oldest city in South Africa. This tour is part driving, part walking so please wear comfortable shoes.
|Historical City Tour|
|Overall Cost||Cost Per Person|
|1 Person||R 1,330||R 1,330|
|2 People||R 1,390||R 695|
|3 People||R 1,500||R 500|
|4 People||R 1,610||R 403|
|5 People||R 1,720||R 344|
|6 People||R 1,830||R 305|
|7 People||R 1,940||R 277|
At Out ‘n’ About tours we pride ourselves in providing tours which are safe, educational and enjoyable. We therefore would like to draw your attention to following T’s &C’s
- Prices and tours are correct at the time of visiting our site. All prices, tours and times given are subject to change with or without prior notice.
- Bookings shall not be confirmed without a written email from us to the client as well as the full payment due has been received.
- All quotes are in South African Rands and your payment (time between booking and us receiving the payment) in your currency may change depending on the current exchange rate.
- This tour includes a private tour guide, collection and drop off in an air-conditioned vehicle, entrance fees and parking. Clients need to ensure their timeous meeting at the predetermined meeting points/hotel/accommodation.
- The fees do not include lunch and optional extras.
- Departure is at 9:00am and drop off is between 12:30pm and 13:00 for the morning tour. For the afternoon tour departure is at 13:00 and drop off is between 17:00 and 17:30. We will do our best to adhere to the confirmed times provided at the time of booking.
- If cancellations are made 0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- If cancellations are made 24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 3 to 30 days prior to tour departure, a 25% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to the date of cancellation.
- If cancellations are made 30 days or more prior to tour departure, a 10% cancellation fee will be charged, plus charges for costs incurred.
- Authority of tour of guide – Please be advised that the tourist guide/driver’s decision is final with regards to the safety, weather, other conditions which would protect the safety of all clients.
- All clients will adhere to laws and customs of South Africa whilst on tour with Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours.
- Due to weather, maintenance, accessibility and crowds, we cannot guarantee that any of the highlights will be open and available.
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk. Out ‘n’ About Cape Tours accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to luggage and personal possessions of passengers.
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times.
- We recommend that travellers take adequate personal insurance cover.
- The tour will still continue in inclement weather or a suitable alternative could be provided with prior discussion with the tour operator.
- We cannot be held responsible for any deaths, injury or hospitalisation of any sort while on tour.
- Clients will accept when booking a tour, that each tour has some form of physical activity which requires some basic fitness and must therefore ensure that they are medically fit to partake on the tour.
- Information usage – We will not use your private information without your prior confirmation.